Sunday, November 18, 2007

sweater for lil' m...

my first baby sweater was a success! little mkf turned one on thursday and i received rave reviews from mom and grandmom about the little pink sweater I knit for her. I used Joelle Hoverson's children's placket neck sweater pattern from "last minute knitted gifts." After reading the errata on this pattern and only one major frogging incident, the little thing turned out pretty cute. I plan to make another smaller, yellow version for baby nephew who is due in march, and i'll probably take the advice of others and make button holes this time rather than use the small beads... they make me nervous that they could fall off and choke the poor kid. But overall, for my first attempt at a sweater, i was pleased! Pics of the babe to come! -amb

No comments: