Monday, May 19, 2008

EZ sweater continued...

So I've made some good progress on the EZ feb. sweater that I started many weeks ago. After literally pulling the thing out four times, I finally finished the body and I'm working on the sleeves.  I definitely have made my fair share of mistakes, some of which are fairly obvious, but after the previously unsuccessful attempts, I was determined to create some sort of final product regardless of the condition.  I don't think that the recipient will notice the difference, and it is a tiny baby sweater after all... surely to see its share of drool and other spills, so I'm not so worried about it being perfect.  I do think that my next version will be much easier and closer to the original measurements (I ended up with too few stitches on the body making a pretty narrow little sweater), but it was a great learning experience and very challenging which made it pretty fun.  I highly recommend reading some blogs about this pattern before beginning.  If I had done this beforehand, I would have had a much more pleasant experience.  Pictures of the finished product to come! amb

No comments: